A mortgage is a loan that you take from a bank or other lender to buy a property. You agree to pay back the loan over a certain period, usually with interest. The property acts as collateral for the loan, which means that if you fail to make the payments, the lender can take possession of the property and sell it to recover the money.
A mortgage calculator is a tool that can help you estimate how much your monthly mortgage payments will be, based on the loan amount, interest rate, and loan term. It can also show you how your payments are divided between principal and interest, and how much of the loan balance remains after each payment.
In this article, let’s look at the Fintechzoom Mortgage Calculator App which will help you plan and simplify your mortgage payments.
Consider reading: Investment Goal Calculator App
Fintechzoom Mortgage Calculator App
Step-by-Step Guide to Using the Fintechzoom Mortgage Calculator App
To use the Fintechzoom mortgage calculator App, you need to enter the following inputs:
- Loan Amount: This is the total amount of money that you borrow from the lender to buy the property. It is usually a percentage of the property value, depending on your down payment and loan-to-value ratio.
- Interest Rate: This is the annual percentage rate (APR) that the lender charges you for borrowing the money. It can be fixed or variable, depending on the type of mortgage you choose.
- Loan Term: This is the number of years that you have to repay the loan. It can range from 10 to 40 years, depending on your preference and eligibility.
After entering these inputs, you can click on the button ‘Get Mortgage’ to see the results. The results will include:
- Monthly Mortgage: This is the amount of money that you have to pay every month to the lender until the loan is fully paid off. It consists of two parts: principal and interest. The principal is the part of the payment that reduces the loan balance, while the interest is the part of the payment that goes to the lender as a fee for lending you the money.
- Table: This is a table that shows you the yearly breakdown of your mortgage payments. It shows you how much principal and interest you pay each year, and how much of the loan balance remains at the end of each year.
- Chart: This is a chart that shows you the principal and interest components of your monthly payments over time. It helps you visualize how your payments change over time, and how much of your payments go towards reducing the loan balance.
Check out Our Free Time Card Calculator Tool
Tips for Using the Fintechzoom Simple Mortgage Calculator App Effectively
Here are some tips for using the Fintechzoom Mortgage Calculator App Effectively:
- You can use it to compare different scenarios and see how they affect your monthly payments and total interest cost. For example, you can see how changing the loan amount, interest rate, or loan term can make your payments higher or lower.
- You can use it to plan your budget and see how much you can afford to borrow and pay back. For example, you can see how much of your income will go towards your mortgage payments, and how much you will have left for other expenses.
- You can use it to save money and pay off your loan faster. For example, you can see how making extra payments or refinancing your loan can reduce your interest cost and shorten your loan term.
Check our Investment Goal Calculator
Advice on How to Plan Your Mortgage
Here are some advice on how to plan your mortgage:
- Before applying for a mortgage, make sure you have a good credit score and history, as this will affect your eligibility and interest rate. You can check your credit report for free once a year from each of the three major credit bureaus: Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion.
- Before buying a property, make sure you have enough savings for a down payment and closing costs, as this will reduce your loan amount and interest cost. The typical down payment is 20% of the property value, but some lenders may offer lower down payment options with higher interest rates or fees.
- Before choosing a mortgage type, make sure you understand the pros and cons of each option, as this will affect your monthly payments and total interest cost. The most common types are fixed-rate mortgages and adjustable-rate mortgages (ARMs). Fixed-rate mortgages have a constant interest rate throughout the loan term, while ARMs have an interest rate that changes periodically based on market conditions.
- After getting a mortgage, make sure you pay your monthly payments on time and in full, as this will avoid late fees and penalties, and improve your credit score and history. You can also consider making extra payments or refinancing your loan if you want to save money and pay off your loan faster.
Check Out our Take Home Salary Calculator
Key Things to Keep in Mind While Taking a Mortgage
Here are some key things to keep in mind while taking out a mortgage:
- A mortgage is a long-term commitment that requires careful planning and budgeting. You should only borrow what you can afford to repay, and avoid taking on too much debt.
- A mortgage is a legal contract that binds you to the terms and conditions agreed upon with the lender. You should read and understand all the documents before signing them, and consult a lawyer or a financial advisor if you have any questions or doubts.
- A mortgage is a risk that involves the possibility of losing your property if you fail to make the payments. You should protect yourself and your property from unforeseen events, such as unemployment, illness, injury, death, or natural disasters, by getting insurance or other forms of protection.
Check out our XIRR Calculator
Final Thoughts on Fintechzoom Mortgage Calculator App
You can use the Fintechzoom Mortgage Calculator App to explore different scenarios and see how they affect your monthly payments and total interest costs.
For example, you can see what happens if you change the loan amount, interest rate, or loan term. You can also see what happens if you make extra payments or refinance your loan.
I hope this section helped you understand how to use the mortgage calculator that I have built. If you have any feedback or questions, please feel free to leave a comment below.
Like The Fintechzoom Mortgage Calculator? Please share it with your friends and family. TIA
FAQs on the Fintechzoom Mortgage Calculator App
How to use the Fintechzoom Mortgage Calculator App
You can simply enter the input values in the Fintechzoom Mortgage Calculator App and click on the Get Mortgage button to get monthly mortgage info.
Can I use the Fintechzoom Simple Mortgage Calculator App to check my 20 year mortgage?
Yes, You can use the Fintechzoom Simple Mortgage Calculator App for any loan term, including a 20-year mortgage.